- In 1832 Abraham Lincoln ran for the Illinois legislature, and lost.
- There are around 2,600 species of frogs. They live on every continent except Antarctica.
- An adult lion’s roar can be heard up to five miles away.
- Microsoft made 16,005 in revenue in its first year of operation.
- About half of all Americans are on a diet on any given day.
- Ninety percent of New York City taxi drivers are recently arrived immigrants.
- In ten minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world’s nuclear weapons combined.