Browsing images by "Random Anything - 6/385 - Random Anything"
- At 3.2%, North Dakota has the lowest unemployment rate in the United States.
- In 2012, North Dakota was the fastest-growing state in the United States. The growth was largely due to an oil boom in the Bakken fields in the western part of the state. The state became the 2nd-highest oil-producing state behind Texas. Despite its oil boom, agriculture or farming is still North Dakota’s top industry.
- The world’s largest hamburger was eaten in Rutland, North Dakota. It weighed 3,591 pounds and more than 8,000 people were invited to the meal.
- Most of the pasta in America is made from North Dakota durum wheat. Grand Forks holds a huge pasta party each year in honor of the crop.
- In 2012, North Dakota was ranked as the best-run state in the country.
View 45 more facts about North Dakota at: http://facts.randomhistory.com/north-dakota-facts.html